Monday, September 26, 2011

Counting




I love teaching one to one correspondence to my little ones. Even my two year olds love this game!

I bought this great kit of felts from Lakeshore several years ago. I don't see it anymore on their web site, but found it here:

http://www.kaplanco.com/store/trans/productDetailForm.asp?CatID=5%7CLT1005%7C0&PID=22164

To play this game, I simply count out ten of two or three patterns. Here, we used the rabbits and the frogs. We put them in a brown paper bag. I place the number one through ten on top of the felt board.

Then, each child takes a turn closing their eyes and picking a shape out of the bag. We then put the shape up under its number. Its a race to see if the rabbit or frogs can get to 10 first! As you can see, the rabbits won!

No comments:

Post a Comment