Monday, March 7, 2011

Three Bill Goats Gruff

I LOVE the story of "The Three Billy Goats Gruff." I read the story, use the felt board, and even have little figurines that I use to tell the story.

But my very favorite way to share the story is to act it out. I use a small table for our "bridge," and the children simply play the parts of each of the three billy goats and of course the troll.

The children that do not have parts are our audience. They ohhhh and awwww, and clap at all the right times.

And then, we switch roles until every one in the audience has been given a chance to be a player in the story.

This is our biggest billy goat. And the mean troll climbing up the bridge to tell her she may not pass! Please also take note of the little billy goats feasting in the "meadow" to the right.



Negotiations still in progress....




I think one of our smaller billy goats climbed under the bridge. What is going on here?!?!



The photos really make this look kind of boring. I will try to shoot some better shots next time, or even a little video. It really is great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment