The children are making an alphabet book to take home at the end of the year. Most of my ideas for these pages come from http://www.notimeforflashcards.com , but the "J" idea just didn't work. She used jellybeans. And while jellybeans are great, they won't last until the end of the year for a book, and I can't laminate them.
So, here is what I came up with:
I made an example of one and hung it near our art area. This gave the children an idea of what order to glue things in. Although, I would not have been crushed if some did it a different way. I just the "j" and the jellyfish shape out for them. Then, I gave each child some glue, the shapes, a piece of paper on two eyes. They did the rest.