Thursday, January 27, 2011

What my day looks like:


This is a typical day at my preschool. Keep in my mind, that I am a part-time program. Children come to my class three times a week from 9:00 am until noon. We have an optional lunch bunch each day until 1:00 pm.

9:00 am -

Arrival and Free Play.
I like to have a table activity like coloring play dough, scissors, or stickers during this time. I also have a special toy out.
These include Geo Traxx, building blocks, and our airport toys among others.

9:30 am -

Circle Time
Focus is on our Monthly Theme (January - Winter and Bears)
We also sing our welcome song, do calendar and assign jobs

9:45 -

Outside Play

10:15 -

Wash Hands and prepare for Snack

10:30 -

Snack

10:50 -

Quiet Time - Puzzles and Books only. Children can also spend time at the science and writing tables during this time.
My assisant ends this time with reading a story to the children. I am preparing the tables for art.

11:10 -

Art

11:30 -

Free Play and art clean up

11:45 -

Music and Movement and Closing Circle Time. This circle time focuses on our story of the month. (January, "The Three
Bears."

No comments:

Post a Comment